Economic Predictions for 2014
January 2, 2014
Our favorite economic prognosticator consulted his Magic 8 Ball to provide what is sure to be an accurate assessment of the year ahead. Al Lewis, who pens the Tell It to Al business news blogs and a weekly column for the Wall Street Journal, is always good for a few laughs– and maybe a few tears, as we look ahead to what 2014 has in store for our checkbooks.
Take it away Al:
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in all these years of covering business, it’s that nobody knows the future any better than the Magic 8 Ball by Mattel.
At the end of each year, I consult with my little black globe to see what the next year will bring for the economy.
For 2013, it accurately predicted: new highs for the stock market but a bumpy year for the economy; oil prices below $100 a barrel for most of the year; gold prices not returning to their 2011 high; and an unimpressive recovery for housing.
Click here to see what it forecasts for 2014 in my column in The Wall Street Journal Sunday.
- Record Salaries on Wall Street – AGAIN!
- Facebook Privacy Breach
- Have They No Shame?
- New Credit Cards in 2015 to Provide Identity Theft Protection
- Part 2: Why You Can’t Believe Government Statistics – Inflation Numbers are a Myth
- Front Row Seat to The Recovery
- Inequality of Wealth & Income in America
- Time for Handcuffs on Wall Street