Best Time to Book a Flight
January 23, 2013
Budgets are tight, but if you still want to travel by air, some new research by CheapAir.com can offer some tricks to keep in mind. Whether it’s booking a ticket for Spring Break or the busy Thanksgiving holiday, knowing when to buy can help you get a cheaper price.
A few of the tips revealed include:
- The average domestic flight is cheapest to buy 49 days out
- Buying 81 days (almost 3 months) in advance for an international flight gets the best price
- Booking on a Tuesday or Wednesday does not really save money, but flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday does.
Click here to read more in Financial Writer Kathy Kristof’s article for CBS MoneyWatch.
- Painful Diagnosis on Why Health Insurance Reform is Dead
- Age Old Question – How Much Do I Tip?
- Travel Secrets to Help You Save Money on Vacation
- How Insurance Agents Get You to Buy
- Job Opportunities That Ruin You
- What States Have the Most Expensive Car Insurance?
- Debt Consolidation Could be a trap
- 6 Things You Should Never Reveal on Facebook