Gym Membership Gotchas!
January 8, 2013
View more videos at: http://nbcwashington.com.
Yes, it’s a new year. And we know, you’re hoping for a whole new YOU by finally starting to go to the gym. Good intentions for a great body aside, be careful when you sign up for that new gym membership. The fine print can come back to bite you in your newly firm butt. Consumer Reporter Liz Crenshaw of NBC4 in Washington explains in this report. Click here to see the story and learn some tips to protect yourself.
Here are some tips from Washington Consumers Checkbook on how to protect yourself if you decide to sign up for a gym membership.
- Avoid signing a contract. Go month to month instead. And know the rules of cancellation.
- Haggle over the price. Many gyms will negotiate.
- Shop around and save.
- Try before you buy.
- Are Warehouse Clubs like Costco & Sam’s Worth the Cost?
- New Gasoline Pricing Scam – Let the Buyer Beware!
- Bank Lobby Tries to Deep Six Consumer Protection
- Don’t be Fooled by Bargain Deals at the Grocery Store
- Best Time to Book a Flight
- What’s That Doing On My Credit Card Bill?
- Profiled By Your Credit Card Company?
- Consumer Protection Agency a Go in Financial Reform