Teen Tanning Trouble Heating Up
May 23, 2012
In the wake of the “Tanning Mom” controversy, public concern over the harmful effects of tanning beds has increased dramatically. Now the growing scrutiny is focusing on the dangers involved with teenagers being exposed. Click here to learn more and see this undercover investigation by NBC News Investigative Correspondent Jeff Rossen.
Currently, 33 states are enforcing strict policies on underage tanning, either banning anyone 14 or younger from using their facility , or requiring kids 14 to 17 years old to be accompanied by a consenting adult.
Some dermatologists claim that a teenager who tans frequently is 74 times more likely to develop melanoma in their later years. Are tanning salons as concerned as dermatologists? Click on the video above to see Today show correspondent Jeff Rossen burn a few businesses who fail to comply.
- Mosquitos Could Bite into Memorial Day
- Friday before Memorial Day is “Don’t FRY Day”
- Is it Getting Hot in Here?
- Toyota Puts Brake on Sales to Address Safety Issues
- Effect of Japanese Earthquake on the Economy
- 10 Things Health Care Reform Would Do, that you may not realize
- How Health Care Reform Affects You NOW
- Facebook is Going after Your Kids