World’s Most Admired Companies
March 5, 2010
By Angie Moreschi:
Fortune Magazine is back at it with another list to capture the collective mindset on which companies are the most admired. “Most admired” falls closely in line with being profitable, as you might imagine, but not always. Other key factors in getting the nod included respect for the product, service quality and innovation.
Apple, with its legion of devoted followers, not surprisingly, ranked number one. It was followed in second place by Google, which I personally could not live without. Ironically, Toyota, in the midst of its brand meltdown due to safety concerns over sudden acceleration in its vehicles, made the top 10, coming in at number seven. Also in the top ten, Berkshire Hathaway, Johnson & Johnson, Amazon.com, Proctor & Gamble, Goldman Sachs, Wal-Mart, and Coca-Cola.
To come up with the list, Fortune’s survey asked businesspeople to vote for the companies they admired most, from any industry. Here’s a look at the list. Click on each company to get a description of that company’s business status.
Top 50 most admired companies overall:
|4||Johnson & Johnson|
|6||Procter & Gamble|
|8||Goldman Sachs Group|
|18||J.P. Morgan Chase|
- Best Domestic Airlines of 2016
- Apple TV vs. Google TV – Which Is Better?
- Profiled By Your Credit Card Company?
- 10 Most Stolen Vehicles For 2007
- New Information On Safest and Worst Domestic and Foreign Airlines
- Toyota Recalls 7.5 Million Cars
- Toyota Puts Brake on Sales to Address Safety Issues
- As Air Travel Costs Increase, Are the Airlines Gouging Their Customers?