Foreclosure Help Run-Around
January 26, 2009
Despite all the rallying cries of foreclosure help by the banks, people actually losing their homes say they’re being met with a different reality. Instead of help, they get the run-around. The Consumer Warning Network’s Angie Moreschi reports on the frustration and road-blocks homeowners face when they try to negotiate with their lenders. Click here to find your elected officials in Washington and write to them, if you’re facing this problem.
ABC’s Chief Investigative Reporter Brian Ross exposed the run-around homeowners get in an eye-opening report for Nightline. Even when it’s a Congresswoman on the line, trying to negotiate with lenders is nearly impossible
- Foreclosure “Work-out” Myth
- Getting Tough on Mortgage Lenders Who Won’t Help Homeowners
- Foreclosure Crisis Continues to Worsen
- Mortgage Servicers Ordered to Pay Victims
- Banks Win – Homeowners Lose
- Bank Lobby Tries to Deep Six Consumer Protection
- Fight Foreclosure: Make ‘Em Produce the Note
- Fight Foreclosure: Make ‘Em Produce the Note!