WaMu Execs Reckless Lending Exposed
October 14, 2008
Great story on ABC’s Nightline. An interview with WaMu’s former Vice President of Risk Management exposes an atmosphere of greed and gluttony and shows how warnings to reign it in were ignored in favor of outrageous executive compensation. Check it out:
Warnings, Encouraged Reckless Lending
Ex-Washington Mutual Risk Manager: Execs ‘Took the Brakes Off and Drove Over a Cliff’
With Americans reeling from a global financial crisis, dozens of former Washington Mutual insiders have come forward to expose what they claim were calamitous executive decisions that led to the biggest bank failure in U.S. history.
- Bank of America Buys Countrywide for $4B
- Excessive CEO Pay Takes a Hit
- Another Day Another $1 Trillion – TALF
- CEO Compensation: What Recession?
- Chase Bank: Bringing Hypocrisy To A City Near You
- You Don’t Get No Stinkin’ Bonus!
- Bank Lobby Tries to Deep Six Consumer Protection
- 79.9% Interest on Credit Card – Say it Ain’t So!